Can you make a police report on behalf of someone?

Can you make a police report on behalf of someone?

You can make a complaint on behalf of a family member or friend. We will need written consent from the person affected or other clear evidence of that person’s knowledge or agreement.

What happens when someone reports you to the police?

Once you have reported a crime, the police will investigate it. They may call or stop by your home, they might ask you to come to the police station, or they may just speak to you at the scene of the crime. If you have been injured, and have to go to hospital, they may visit you there.

Can you press charges on someone else’s behalf?

You cannot. Only the District Attorney can decide whether or not to file a charge or charges.

READ:   Why was the pyramid put on the dollar bill?

Can the police charge without CPS?

Can the police charge without the CPS? The police are permitted to make charging decisions without input from the CPS in less serious cases.

Can the CPS drop charges?

The first way the CPS might drop charges against you is if the prosecution elects to ‘offer no evidence’ in court. In the vast majority of cases, it is very difficult to re-instigate a case after no evidence is offered and the charge will be dismissed by the court.

What evidence do CPS need to charge?

The evidence they gather includes documentary, physical, photographic and other forensic evidence and not just witness testimony. The police arrest and interview suspects. All of this produces a file which when complete the police send to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) for review and a decision on prosecuting.

Can I ask CPS to drop charges?

In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) for you to accept a lesser charge, avoiding the need for a trial. The CPS could agree on a caution in some cases. But, as you might expect, the CPS are not likely to drop charges unless they have a compelling reason to do so.

READ:   Is high school graduation ceremony important?

Can police charge without CPS?